For admission into any of AGIHL’s Programmes, an applicant must do the following:
- Submit a completed application for admission form
You can also contact the admissions office on +233………. or email us on admissions@agihl,edu.gh
- Arrange for an official results slip or transcript and testimonial to be sent from the applicant’s last (or current) school directly to: The Admissions Office, P.O. Box, Kumasi, Ghana.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for transcript(s) and/or transfer forms to be mailed and to ensure that they arrive promptly. Hand delivered transcript(s) are not acceptable.
The University reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the results slips/transcript submitted.
- Basic Entry Requirement For All Programs
- West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Examinations Category
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects (English Language and Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three (3) elective subjects with an aggregate of 24 or better
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects (English Language, Mathematics (Core), Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three (3) elective subjects.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
Passes in three (3) subjects at the Advanced Level (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- National Vocational Training Institute (NVTI)/Council of Technical Vocational Education and Training (COTVET)passes in Certificate Two (2) of NVTI or COTVET
- Mature Students’ Entry
The applicant must:
- be at least 25 years old;
- show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of birth date which is at least 5 years old at the time of application;
- provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment;
- Pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Institute (English Language, Mathematics and one of the engineering programme). The examinations is moderated and the marked scripts, vetted by COTVET or the applicant should show proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in WASSCE or any other nationally recognized standard High School level examinations.
- Foreign Qualifications
All foreign applicants will have their qualifications for consideration for admission referred to NAB for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to tertiary institutions in Ghana before acceptance into AGIHL.
Proof of Proficiency in English Language is a requirement for students from Francophone countries as well as students from other countries where the official language is not English.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Qualifications
Successful applicants must have graduated with at least 2nd Class Lower Division of the HND programme have acquired a 2-year post-HND qualification working experience. Other Diploma qualifications from elsewhere assessed to be equivalent to HND will also be considered.
Candidates with HND will enter the programme at Level 200.
- Professional and Other Entry Qualifications
An Accredited Diploma in Technical or Vocational Studies from a recognized institution. All other professional qualifications will be referred to NAB for the establishment of their equivalences to determine their eligibility for admission into AGIHL.